Amphibians and Reptiles
Even though you are not required to log in to write a message in the forum, you are required to if you plan on using the Chatbox. Also, by registering and logging in, it is easier for you to remain a part of this website and easier to communicate with you.

Please Log In or Register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Amphibians and Reptiles
Even though you are not required to log in to write a message in the forum, you are required to if you plan on using the Chatbox. Also, by registering and logging in, it is easier for you to remain a part of this website and easier to communicate with you.

Please Log In or Register.
Amphibians and Reptiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information Sheet Layout

Go down

Information Sheet Layout Empty Information Sheet Layout

Post  Admin Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 pm

For those who wish to create an information sheet, here are the steps and the layout on how to do it.

1 ) In the forum, find what order the species would be listed under and click the correct order's information sheet (example: If you want to do an information sheet on Eastern Newts, find Caudata or Urodela Information Sheets in the forum and click on it.

2 ) Click New Topic.

3 ) For the subject type the English name of the species followed by the scientific name in parenthesis.

The following is the layout on how the information sheet should look (it does not have to be perfect, I can edit it to look how it is supposed to). Just follow each step replacing the words in quotes with the proper word(s), and taking out the quotes. Also, for any of these: [ b ] , [ /b ] , [ i ] , [ /i ] , [ u ] , [ /u ] , [ center ] , [ /center ] REMOVE THE SPACES BETWEEN THE BRACKETS AND THE SYMBOLS OR LETTERS INSIDE.

1 ) Type the following: [ center ][ b ][ u ]"English Name of Species" ([ i ]"Scientific Name of Species"[ /i ])[ /b ][ /u ]

2 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: The "English Name of Species" ([ i ]"Scientific Name of Species"[ /i ]) is a "common, rare, extinct (optional)" "English Name of Order and (if needed) suborder (examples: salamander, lizard, turtle, tuatara)" of "region, continent, body of water, ocean, or land mass (example: North America, Pacific Ocean, Northern Panama, North Atlantic Ocean)".

3 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: Conservation Status:

4 ) Hit the enter/return bar once, then do the following: "Either type the conservation status of the species or (if available) find an image showing the conservation status such as the one here: Eastern Newt Conservation Status"

5 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, the do the following: "Either type the species' range/distribution or (if available) find an image showing the range/distribution such as the one here: Eastern Newt Range/Distribution"

6 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: The "English Name of Species" has "Number of Subspecies":

7 ) Hit enter/return, then type the following: [ b ]"English Name of Subspecies"[ /b ] ([ i ]"Scientific Name of Subspecies"[ /i ]) "type a sentence or two about where this subspecies lives, differences between it and the other subspecies and what it looks like".

8 ) If necessary, hit the enter/return bar once and repeat Step 7.

9 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: [ b ]Identifying Characteristics:[ /b ] "Type a sentence or two explaining some identifying characteristics or the species' appearance".

10 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: [ b ]Size:[ /b ] "Type the species' average size or size by age".

11 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: [ b ]Habitat:[ /b ] "Type the species' habitat".

12 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: [ b ] Food:[ /b ] "Type the species' main diet".

13 ) Hit the enter/return bar twice, then type the following: [ b ]Other Information:[ /b ] "Type as much as is needed of information that was not listed above and should be known or something that is interesting (example: The Eastern Newt's Other Information Section includes "Nocturnal. Terrestrial form hibernates in winter, though aquatic forms will stay active all year. The Eft may take up to 3 years to mature into an adult.").

14 ) At the end of the information sheet type: [ /center ]

15 ) Scroll down to 'Options' and under 'Post topic as:' click 'Announcement'.

16 ) Click 'Preview' if you wish to check your work, then click 'Send'.

Admin
Admin

https://amphibians-reptiles.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum